Cold Aisle Containment
With over 15 years experience in the bespoke design, manufacture and installation of caging to data centres worldwide Cross-guard offers a number of cold aisle containment solutions. These combine the often conflicting requirements for energy saving, security and fire safety with optimum data centre efficiency.
- Cost Saving
- Improved Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE)
- Extended IT Equipment Life
- Lower Carbon Emissions
Cold/Hot Aisle Containment Solutions
Are offered with Cross-guards’ market leading IT caging product - Connexions. Connexions is available in a wide choice of solid or perforated panels. Polycarbonate or steel infills restrict the loss of cold air and prevent the mixing of cold air with hot exhaust air. Cold Aisle Containment options include hinge or sliding doors doors, collapsible or active roof panels and pvc curtains.
Note: Connexions is a highly versatile product that can be easily added to, modified or re-installed to suit changing requirements. It is built to last and unlike many alternative products will not need replacing in a few years, representing excellent return on investment.
Connexions Secure Doors
Sliding or hinge self-closing doors can be supplied with a variety of hardware including electromagnetic locks (can be integrated into existing building access control system or stand alone), key operated locks or combination of both. Polycarbonate vision panel is optimise LUX levels in the cold aisle without security being compromised.
Bi-Sliding Light Doors
- Self-closing with speed control and soft close
- Door leaves are co-ordinated (opening/closing of the two leaves is linked)
- 4mm perspex vision panels
- Suitable for installation of any type and size of cabinet
Collapsible Roof (can be used in data centres with gas or sprinkler fire suppression systems)
- Twin opal or clear 10mm polycarbonate panels
- Channels and brackets are adjustable
- Panels are held in place with a low temperature (580C) fusible link mechanism
- Panels are easily removable for cleaning (one man job)
- Available for installation on any type and size of cabinet
Active Roof Panels
Overhead panels enclose the aisle and integrate with the data centre fire system to open automatically to allow gas suppressant or water from sprinklers to reach into the aisle in case of fire. This eliminates the need to modify and extend room sprinklers. Panels can be installed to non-matching cabinets (width or height) and modified to allow services through.
A flexible and inexpensive way to improve data centre efficiency when caging is not present or required. Vinyl curtains can also be combined with caging or other cold aisle containment solutions and cut around existing structures.