Graduate Design Engineer
When it comes to steel security doors, The Bradbury Group is the nation’s leading provider; security, fire, flood and acoustic requirements we have it covered. With its head office located in North Lincolnshire our superb £8 million production facility is second to none. Along with our sister companies Martin Roberts, Liddle and Newton, our reach is throughout the UK, across Europe and into the Middle East.
Main Purpose of the role:
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented graduate design engineer to join our engineering department to design our diverse range of security doors to the customers specification.
- Provide effective design solutions to sales driven requirements.
- Generation of dynamic production models using 3D CAD software.
- Generate detailed production drawings and documentation.
- Produce CNC programs to enable manufacture of new designs.
- Provide support to sales, purchasing and production functions where required.
- Investigate and offer suggestions of improvements to existing designs and processes.
- Identify and source key components.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by your Manager.
Essential skills, qualifications and knowledge:
- Minimum of a 2:2 degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (ideally SolidWorks).
- Experience of sheet metal design is preferred.
- Provide a creative approach to problem solving.
- Previous experience of handling small to medium scale projects.
- Function well as part of a team.
- Ability to work to tight and demanding deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel etc.).
Health and Safety:
Ensure personal and team compliance with Company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Report all health and safety issues using the recognised reporting procedure.
- Maintain a safe working environment for all team members and visitors to the area.
If you are looking to be part of an innovative product and people centred organisation, then the Bradbury Group is for you.
Apply now with your CV and covering letter. The role will commence early 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.