Bradbury Group is the nation’s leading provider of steel doors and physical security solutions. We recently relocated to an £8million production facility in North Lincolnshire to facilitate our rapid growth, and are looking to expand our team.
We are currently seeking two Sales Estimators for our dynamic sales department. One to be based at Bradbury Group’s headquarters in Scunthorpe, and a second one to be based at our Martin Roberts facility in Sittingbourne, Kent. This is a fantastic opportunity for two skilled and motivated Sales Estimators to join our ever-expanding and forward-thinking business. We are looking for candidates who are positive-minded and energetic with the ability to work under their own initiative’s within our approachable, helpful and friendly team.
The Sales Estimator’s primary objective is to produce high quality accurate quotations in an efficient, effective and timely manner, for projects of varying sizes. The role requires the ability to multi task and prioritise quotations at various stages from initial tender to pre-award, whilst always maintaining both internal and external client relations. Playing an active role in the follow up process to ensure the quote bank is live and well maintained, giving the business the best opportunity to be our customers first choice.
• To produce quotations in an efficient, effective and accurate manner.
• Produce bespoke quotations both manually and using the businesses estimating system
• Dealing with customer enquiries, on the telephone, via email and where necessary at meetings.
• Review and request information in a proactive and timely manner to maintain submission return dates.
• Ability to read and understand, Bill of quantities and construction drawings such as: schedules, floor plans, elevations drawings.
• Where necessary remeasure post award projects for variations and in preparations for final accounts.
• Liaise with the purchasing team and other areas of the business to obtain rates for bought-in materials and any special manufacture activities/services.
• Undertake regular follow up of all completed quotations within the existing quote bank, providing and maintaining feed back to the sales team.
• Attend sales and pre-award meetings when necessary.
• Due to the occasional requirement to attend site meetings it would be preferred if the candidate held a full driving licence.
• Previous experience in a sales or estimating role.
• Previous experience of working within a construction or contracting environment.
• Ability to read and understand bill of quantities, specifications, constructions elevation drawings and schedules.
• Ability to learn new systems.
• Must be well organised with the ability to regularly review and re-prioritise, where necessary.
• Must be competent with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Competent and comfortable with both written and verbal communication at all levels.
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment.