Senior Purchasing Assistant
Reports to: Purchasing Manager
A Fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Senior Purchasing Assistant to join our dynamic purchasing team. We are seeking a positive minded, energetic self-starter with experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment utilising MRP systems in particular.
To support the Purchasing Manager with delivery of a commercial purchasing function for all the company’s expenditure with external suppliers. Deputise for the Purchasing Manager as required.
• Strong proven background in purchasing in a similar senior role
• Strong negotiation skills, contract management experience and attention to detail
• Proven recent Experience of MRP & Purchase Management within an ERP environment
• Strong analytical, reporting (In Excel or Crystal) & Presentation (PowerPoint) skills
• Energic, ambitious self-starter, able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision and with a motivation to succeed
• A good working understanding and experience with Microsoft Office, Excel (ideally to intermediate level) and Outlook
• Professional qualification such as (CIPS) preferable although QBE considered
• SAP or SAP B1 ERP System experience preferable
• Prioritisation and time management skills
• Understanding of great customer service
• Confident and polite phone manner
• Ability to gain client trust through timely response and action
• Quick learner
• To provide a first-class purchasing experience
• Development and delivery of the purchasing strategy
• Establishment of new processes and systems
• Meeting department goals with accuracy
• Assist with implementation of continuous improvement
• Assist with and lead supplier negotiations
• Communicating with internal stakeholders
• Presenting a professional image at all times to all customers
• Performing other duties, as assigned
To apply, complete the application below by 21 June 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.